The conversation focuses on the participation by Welch Library and various faculty collaborators in our recently awarded National Library of Medicine BD2K Grant. Featuring Dr. Harold Lehmann, Associate Professor in the Division of Health Sciences Informatics, Data Services Librarian Jen Darragh, and Welch Informationist Rob Wright our Q&A turns into a free-flowing roundtable discussion about the wide-range of challenges surrounding BD2K.
1) 0:54 --- What is the Big Data to Knowledge (BD2K) Initiative and what prompted you to apply for a BD2K grant?
2) 2:45 --- Please describe the scope and purpose of your BD2K project. What need is this project seeking to address?
3) 4:24 --- Who are the key personnel involved in the project and what expertise do they bring to the table?
4) 7:14 --- Could you give us an overview of the content in the online modules being developed? When can we expect the modules to become available?
5) 13:31 --- What does this project mean for researchers at Hopkins and beyond?